2010 was a landmark year for ACM. Thanks to the generosity of our members, supporters and partners, we made significant strides towards advancing ACM’s vision that all children’s museums will be essential community resources where play inspires creativity and lifelong learning.
ACM strengthened ally relationships and forged new partnerships:
- Forged new collaborations with the National Endowment for the Arts, America’s Promise Alliance and the White House Task Force for Childhood Obesity.
- Participated in panel discussions at the National Association for the Education of Young Children annual conference and worked with Kresge Foundation in cooperation with the Nonprofit Finance Fund, to survey its members on how to best maintain and improve museum facilities.
- Strengthened existing partnerships with the American Association of Museums, Federal Formula Grants Coalition and ACM member museums.
ACM connected members with important information and ideas:
- Presented monthly ACM Leadership Calls for members on topics ranging from marketing in a downturn economy to H1N1 preparedness.
- Brought national thought leaders including Johnnetta Cole, Ph.D., Dan Pallotta and Peter Benson, Ph.D. to speak at ACM’s annual conference InterActivity 2010: Invest Early • Inspire Growth.
- Launched a Good to Grow! Partnership-Building Toolkit and Healthy Kids, Healthy Museums publication to empower members to support healthy lifestyles.
ACM advanced the growth of the field by elevating the profile of children’s museums and investing in new resources for members:
- Earned media attention for children’s museums as a force in 21st century education and as great family destinations.
- Recognized member museums for environmentally sustainable Promising Practices.
- Won an Institute of Museum and Library Services 21st Century Museum Professionals Award to create a Key Indicators & Ratios Benchmark Calculator for children’s museums.
Thank you for supporting ACM’s mission to strengthen all children’s museums through leadership, advocacy, professional development and service.
A copy of ACM's IRS Form 990s can be obtained by contacting Thompson Greenspon & Co., P.C. at 703.385.8888 or by viewing them online at www.GuideStar.org.
ACM thanks all of its donors for contributing so generously to its work. You make possible the impact we have on children's museums and the children, families and communities they serve.