Children's Museum Data
ACM maintains a comprehensive database of statistical information on its member museums. This ACM data can be valuable for marketing, fundraising and general museum planning. All data is compiled through ACM membership surveys.
Membership information is proprietary and intended to be used for a member institution's research purposes only. ACM requests that member institutions
refrain from sharing the data with any other organization or individual without ACM's explicit consent. ACM relies on members to complete the survey questions in full to attain the most complete and accurate data; although every effort is made to guarantee accuracy, ACM is not responsible for errors in data content.
"The data from the ACM Query Service is priceless! I analyze traveling exhibit space sizes, traveling exhibits that museums have rented in the past and operating budgets to benchmark against industry trends. This helps give me context for future decision-making for our traveling exhibits program."
— Amber Stevenson, Traveling Exhibits and Project Manager, Minnesota Children's Museum
Here is a guide to ACM data resources to help you select the best option for your needs.
- Benchmark Calculator: It's live! This self-service online members only resource allows you to select up to 12 museums and produce comparable reports on a variety of pre-determined benchmarking reports. Cost: free.
- Museum Online Directory: A self-service online resource that allows you to search for individual museum profiles of open museum members. Cost: free.
- 2008 Children's Museums Metrics Reports: Printed reports based on aggregated museum operation data suitable for institutional benchmarking, organizational planning and trend analysis. These reports do not identify specific museums. Cost: free.
- Query Report Service: ACM staff prepares an Excel sheet with fields of museum data organized to your specification. Cost: fees apply depending on query request.
- Quick Poll Results: A self-service online resource that provides the results of topical member questionnaires.