Good to Grow!
Lend a Hand
Good to Grow! Families
In Family Fun, families plant a virtual Good to Grow! tree and help their tree sprout colorful stickers by answering health discovery questions.
The Gallery is the place where families can see a wild and wacky array of Good to Grow! trees created by other families.
In Grown-up Stuff adults can find tips and tools to support their family’s good health and connect with other parents online.
In Museums, families can learn about “Healthy Happenings” exhibits, programs and events that highlight the ways children’s museums are activating children and parents to choose healthy foods, increase physical activity, reduce screen time and nurture a lifelong connection to the outdoors. The site also includes a private portal for ACM children’s museums to access resources to help them create innovative exhibits, programs and community partnerships.
A usage clock — one of the first of its kind — helps users track just how much time they are spending on the site, with the idea that awareness can bring about responsible screen time usage.
After a quick, free, registration process, families can plant their Good to Grow! family tree among a museum neighborhood of family trees. The Parent Voices blog encourages caregivers to share their experiences, opinions and advice about raising a healthy family. Respect for families. At www.GoodtoGrow.org, visitors can expect an advertisement-free Web experience and know that their personal information is kept private and never sold.
Lend a Hand!
You support ACM and children's museums, whether you have two minutes or 20, take action!
- Learn what makes children's museums a community anchor, so you can tell others why children's museum are important.
- Share how your children's museum has made a difference in the lives of your children or in your own life.
- Contact your local children's museum and ask abuot volunteer opportunities in the museum, out in the community or on the board of directors.
- Make a donation to ACM and support our work to strengthen all children’s museums.
- Make a donation to your local children's museum, whether open or emerging.
- Contact your local, state and federal representatives when ACM issues a legislative action alert.
ACM's Good to Grow Web site is an online destination for families with children ages 2-10 that links the children’s museum experience, home life and the broader community with compelling messages, engaging activities and accurate resources for living healthy lives, beginning with maintaining a healthy