Senior Exhibit Developer
Gyroscope is an award-winning studio of creative designers and developers who work closely with clients to create innovative learning environments. We offer strategic planning, exhibit and graphic design, public art, and architectural services for children’s and history museums, science centers, libraries, visitor centers and other cultural institutions.
Gyroscope is looking for a Senior Exhibit Developer to join our collaborative studio bringing their creative insights, writing expertise, organizational aptitude and vision for the future of museums.
The Senior Exhibit Developer’s role will be to act in all facets of a project at all levels of development including development for feasibility studies, strategic planning, concept and master planning, and all design phases through to installation.
This senior level position will lead the creative development of both the overall museum approach and the conceptual framework for all exhibit zones. In collaboration with Gyroscope’s internal team of designers, architects, and project managers, the Senior Exhibit Developer will work closely with client teams consisting of CEO’s, museum boards, advisory panels, key stakeholders and museum senior staff such as scientists, researchers, artists, curators, collections management, educators and designers.
The Senior Exhibit Developer’s role becomes more focused as the phases of a project progress. A typical progression would start by developing a project’s overall planning criteria and goals, then continue to frame impact goals, learning outcomes, target audiences and learning strategies. Then exhibit concept development and description, exhibit component descriptions. All text writing for exhibit graphics content, media scripts and treatments, instructional text, and all other writing associated with delivering a new museum, learning environments, and/or exhibits from concept to completion is part of your responsibilities.
The successful Senior Exhibit Developer will have excellent writing skills, strategic planning experience, concept development, and primary responsibility for all development deliverables throughout a project’s process.
Candidates should have experience working with emerging museums, volunteer boards, established museum boards, potential donors, and executive directors.
• Master’s degree in science education, STEM fields, early childhood or other related fields.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar position at a science center or children’s museum
• Experience in interactive exhibit development and learning methodologies
• Proven ability to communicate, describe and present complex ideas with a wide range of audiences
• Excellent research, writing and editing experience
• Experience managing clients, budgets, contracts and deadlines
• Media experience, including drafting scripts and treatments, storyboarding
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Keynote/Power Point, INDD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and ability to read architectural plans and related design documents.
• A demonstrated commitment to the informal learning field
Position role and responsibilities include:
• Research and Writing
• Creative Brainstorming
• Diagramming Concepts
• Client presentations
• Exhibit and Media Development
• Photo research and source acquisition
• Media story boarding, treatments and performance specs
• Proposal and deliverable writing and production
• Writing Gyroscope’s marketing materials and social media
• Graphic development and label writing
• Project Management
• Grant writing and positioning (as needed)
• Demographic research and community profiles, niche, need
• Research on museum comps, staff plans, operating budgets
• Participate and perform general office administration duties as assigned
• Participation in Professional Conferences, Panels, and Publications (ASTC, ACM, AAM)
|Address||283 Fourth St, Ste 201|
|Application Instructions||Please state your salary range in your cover letter and address resumes to Tasha Leverette (firstname.lastname@example.org). Gyroscope offers a health insurance plan, including dental and eye coverage. We will be happy to share our benefits package with finalists selected for interviews.|