Chief Executive Officer
The Board of Trustees seeks a passionate, strategic, fundraising leader with strong business acumen to deliver immersive learning through play experiences that inspire children and families of Western New York.
The CEO will guide Explore & More Children’s Museum from an expanding organization to a leading institution as it transitions to its new place in the community. This leader must create not only an operational plan, but build talent and train staff to live operational excellence. This leader must take the Explore & More brand from the mind of families to the hearts of all in the community. This leader must believe in the power of play and all its benefits providing experiences that create long-term financial sustainability.
>Complete the construction of the facility in downtown Buffalo
>Raise the necessary funds to close the capital campaign and initiate an endowment fund
>Develop the operating plan for launch; begin staggered talent acquisition
>Leverage branding elements to develop a 360 marketing campaign for launch
>Finalize the exhibits and the educational programming plans to ensure delivery against core values
- Engage the Board in the finalization of a 3-5 year strategic plan
- Partner with Board leadership to identify opportunities to expand and develop the board
- Solicit the board’s direct involvement via the development of a strong network of committees/committee chairs
- Manage the construction of and transition to a new state of the art facility on time, on budget, and on mission
- Supervise and assist Fundraising efforts to achieve both Capital and Operational Fundraising Goals insuring proper stewardship and distribution of all funds
- Working with the Finance Committee chair and Finance Manager, ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including timely filings and reporting
- Oversee and direct preparation of all functional budgets with special attention to the ramp up and transition planning that must occur as the operation scales from $600K to $3mm+ annual budget at “steady state”.
- In conjunction with the Board Chair, Committee support and Marketing Personnel, oversee the development of a comprehensive Brand Story that will inform the creation of future Program offerings and Brand experience.
- Oversee expanded Offering Development both in the museum and as part of offsite and outreach programs. Ensure that balanced and developmentally correct and on trend exhibits and program activities for the target audience are offered to solidify our position of enhancing educational outcomes through “just one visit.”
- Lead the organization to assess and optimize current revenue generating programs and create a framework and criteria for additional earned income potential.
COMMUNICATIONS & COMMUNITY OUTREACH
- Oversee the creation and implementation of a comprehensive Marketing Communications plan.
- Serve as a key face of the museum delivering messaging to educate and inform stakeholders of the museum’s mission.
- Cultivate, in conjunction with the Board and Advancement Personnel, even deeper Donor, Sponsorship, Membership/Volunteer and Support Service networks to strengthen the organization financially and in the hearts and minds of community leaders.
- Establish and develop collaborative relationships with other local, regional and national non-profits and political and government organizations.
- Optimize all touch point opportunities to ensure productivity of reach and quality of message.
- Foster a mindset to ensure the tone and manner of all communication is inclusive and speaks to a diverse audience.
- Oversee all plans for the staff planning and ramp up to the launch of the new museum identifying talent gaps and needs for talent development.
- In conjunction with functional heads, administer annual performance planning and review practices for the entire organization.
- Initiate annual career path and training planning to ensure retention of talent.
- Create culture of collaboration and innovation to ensure a “best in class” mindset in all we do.
- Adhere to and demonstrate behaviors aligned with all of the organization’s established administrative and personnel policies.
|Organization||Explore & More Children's Museum|
|Address||300 Gleed Avenue|
|Qualifications||• Bachelor’s degree in Museum Science, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field required, masters preferred. • At least 5 years of experience in leading talent and organizational administration is a must. • Proven experience working with volunteer boards and fundraisers, a plus. • Strategic and Creative thinker who can envision the future direction of a growing organization. • Strong inter-personal skills and collaborative behavior imperative while working closely with the Board of Trustees, leading staff and undertaking relationship cultivation|
|Application Instructions||Qualified candidates may their submit resume and cover letter to Tina Zinter-Chahin, Vice Chair, Board of Trustees Explore & More Children’s Museum at email@example.com. To learn more about Explore & More Children’s Museum, please visit http://exploreandmore.org/|