Development Associate, KidsPlay Children's Museum (Torrinton, CT)
Under the guidance of the Museum Director, the Development Associate will strengthen relationships and the financial sustainability of the Museum. The Development Associate will identify new prospects and ensure that all ambassadors (Board and Museum Director) have what they need to be successful in their efforts to increase financial resources.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
The Development Associate:
• Is energetic, enthusiastic, well-organized, and creative.
• Displays a friendly, welcoming manner.
• Models integrity, objectivity and courtesy.
• Has patience and understanding for every person who is encountered.
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills, including the ability to gracefully work with varied personalities and constituencies to accomplish goals.
• Is flexible and adaptable to the changes that will occur in the position.
• Communicates effectively in writing, telephone and in person.
• Is organized, honest, works well with others and has an outgoing and positive personality.
• Maintains a clean work area.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
• Demonstrates knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
• Public relations experience is a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability in technology use and database management.
• Museum, nonprofit or school experience preferred.
• Successful results on a criminal and sexual abuse background screening.
• Participate in the creation and implementation of a comprehensive relationship building and income generation plan that includes:
o A stewardship program with an individualized approach to communications
o An annual fund program including appeals
o A major gifts program
o Fundraising events
o A planned giving/legacy program
o Initiation of an endowment fund
o A possible Capital campaign
o Annual reports for the Museum
• Identify potential major donors – individuals, corporations and foundations; cultivate relationships; solicit and maintain on-going communications.
• Develop and implement new fundraising initiatives in targeted communities, acquiring support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
• Create a thorough donor profile for the Museum Director and Board of Directors to cultivate prospects, acquire donors and close gifts.
• Offer occasional training and regular resources to equip board members to be fully engaged spokespersons, fundraisers and advocates.
• Research grant opportunities, cultivate relationships with grant makers and coordinate grant proposals.
• Draft all materials linked to fundraising campaigns and events.
• Use Altru database efficiently for most effective donor communication, acknowledgment and solicitation.
• Ensure data collection and evaluation methods are regularly completed for grant funded projects.
• Participate in volunteer cultivation and recognition events.
• Demonstrate support of the museum's mission, management and Board of Directors.
• Perform any other required duties as requested by the Museum Director.
• Keep confidential the business functions of the Museum including, but not limited to, customer information, employee issues, etc.
Considerable standing, walking, stooping, and stair climbing. Some lifting of more than 20 lbs., bending, and stretching overhead is required. Potential exposure to paints, glues and solvents. Outdoor activities may expose this position to extremes in temperature and inclement weather.
Part-time position of twenty (20) hours per week. This position is required to start early or end late and/or support weekend work time, programming, activity coverage requirements, etc.
Please submit the following information via email to email@example.com. Phone inquiries, mail or in person submissions will not be accepted.
• Cover Letter with an expression of interest
• List of three references with contact information (to be contacted with prior consent only)
|Deadline||February 15, 2018|
|Date Listed:||January 24, 2018|
|Organization||KidsPlay Children's Museum|
|Address||61 Main Street|
|Application Instructions||Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.|