Executive Director, The Sandbox Interactive Children's Museum (Hilton Head Island, SC)
The Sandbox, an interactive Children's Museum, is a non-profit organization dedicated to the positive development of young children through play.
We have an immediate, full time opening for an individual with strong leadership skills to serve as Executive Director.
Ability to research / explore grant opportunities and to pursue as appropriate
Proven track record of developing and implementing successful fundraising events
Experience identifying, soliciting and cultivating donors and sponsors
Ability to assume a lead role in a capital campaign
Ability to manage business practices (budgets, financial planning, 501-C3 accounting etc.)
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills capable of promoting The Sandbox and its vision
Proficient use of traditional and alternative (e.g. social media) PR, Marketing and Advertising tools
Familiarity with the institutions and culture of the Low Country is preferred
Previous experience working with and / or knowledge of early childhood development is desired
Essential Position Functions:
• Represents The Sandbox at community and business functions in order to create greater awareness and foster positive opinions of the organization and its mission.
• Acts as the organizations public speaker at public information forums including but not limited to local civic and business groups and organizations.
• Has a comprehensive knowledge of and connection to the extended low country community and cultivates and maintains relationships with key donors and organizations that financially support the organization.
• Works directly with the Board of Directors to create necessary business plans including; strategic, fundraising, capital campaign and development as necessary.
• Serves in advisory position on board committees to help ensure all areas have an understanding of how their goals affect the organization's overall performance.
• Works with Director Of Operations to develop and manage the organization's annual budget with guidance and approval from the Finance Committee.
• Completes jointly with the Fundraising Committee and Director of Operations annual fundraising event(s) and development plan(s) in keeping with targets identified in the Board's Strategic Plan for the museum. Responsible for the promotional and sponsorship aspects of all fundraising events and meeting the organization's budgeted fundraising goals with input from the Director Of Operations and guidance and support from the fundraising committee and the Board.
|Deadline||February 16, 2018|
|Date Listed:||January 26, 2018|
|Organization||The Sandbox Interactive Children's Museum|
|Address||18a Pope Ave|
|City||Hilton Head Island|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
|Application Instructions||Please email resumes to: Hiring Committee, email@example.com|