Development & Events Coordinator
The award-winning Hands On Children's Museum is the region's premier family learning destination. Located in a beautiful facility on Olympia's East Bay waterfront, the Museum's mission is to inspire curiosity, creativity and learning. Our Inspired Learning for All Initiative ensures that all children and families have access to the Museum's rich learning resources, regardless of their ability to pay.
We're seeking a dynamic, experienced fundraising professional to work closely with the Development team to achieve the organization's annual fundraising goals through events, sponsorships, grants and individual giving. This key F/T position is responsible for managing development operations, ensuring best practices in gift recording & acknowledgement, tracking donor recognition and benefits, and supporting event management including registration, auction and logistics. This position maintains communications with key audiences including the Museum's board of director's, donors and staff.
The successful candidate must demonstrate professionalism and discretion, excellent project management skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, good problem-solving skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment in an organized and detail-oriented way. Bachelor's degree preferred and 3-5 years previous non-profit development experience required. Experience using Altru, Razors Edge or similar donor database.
• Works with senior team to implement the annual development plan for Museum operations and capital projects.
• Manage daily development operations including fielding inquiries, assisting board members, setting and attending meetings, preparing reports and other correspondence, tracking statistics, thanking donors and supervising support staff.
• Coordinates the Corporate Membership Program and the Leadership Circle donor including renewals, benefits and recognition.
• Serve as a staff liaison to schedule & prep for board meetings.
• Ensure a master tracking system for all donor benefits and work with Communications Manager to ensure that appropriate recognition is on all applicable pieces and website.
• Work with the Senior Manager and Events Manager to ensure successful management of the Imagine That! Luncheon and Summer Splash! Gala. Manage procurement, data and sales of silent auction items during the gala and manage the Raise the Paddle program during the Gala.
• Work with the Senior Manager to execute the Museum's Annual Giving program.
• Work closely with the Database Manager to develop and update procedures and systems to maintain proper donor records, ensure best practices for gift receipting and tracking, ensure timely acknowledgements, and ensure reconciliation with the business department.
• Assist Executive Director with donor presentations; prepare and set-up presentation materials.
• Make presentations to local community groups and serve on committees representing the Museum as needed.
|Deadline||March 15, 2018|
|Date Listed:||February 12, 2018|
|Organization||Hands On Children's Museum|
|Address||414 Jefferson St. NE|
|Salary||Full time + benefits. Salary DOQ.|
|Application Instructions||Submit resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to email@example.com. EOE. No phone calls please.|