VP of Education & Learning Innovation
We are looking for a dynamic and visionary professional with strong leadership and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to help advance the Museum as a statewide and national leader in the field of informal learning, children's museums, and early childhood education and to expand Port Discovery's commitment to fostering high-engagement/high-impact interactions for children and families.
This VP of Education and Learning Innovation will foster a culture of learning in the Museum that emphasizes interdisciplinary dialogue, imaginative use of learning and evaluation methods, creativity, and risk-taking. This person will be advocate for how the power of play can be used for authentic, developmentally appropriate transformative learning opportunities.
The Vice President shapes engagement for the Museum through the creation and evaluation of play-based learning programming for children within our permanent and traveling Museum exhibits as well as learning environments in non-Museum locations; educational programs onsite, in schools and in the community, and informs evaluation strategies. This position manages a talented group of full time and part-time professional employees. In addition, the Vice President will act collaboratively across departments in the design of interactive educational experiences that advance Port Discovery's mission. The relationship between the organization's Education department and the Guest Services team is particularly important to ensure that appropriate programs that are both dynamic and relevant in content are in place to drive attendance and engagement.
• Relevant Graduate (or Post Graduate) Degree required.
• Extensive knowledge in early childhood development, family engagement, community and informal education for children.
• Minimum of ten years' experience in positions of growing leadership scope.
• Successful experience in leading cross-disciplinary teams in the development of strategies and projects and in communicating educational program value to stakeholders, media and the public.
• Minimum of five years strategic planning experience, including proven success in planning and developing new educational initiatives.
• Five plus years of experience leading people and teams.
• Experience managing complex projects involving the direct supervision and/or collaboration of multiple departments.
• Demonstrated ability to take a new educational program from concept to implementation.
• Active knowledge of community and educational organizations and initiatives – locally in Baltimore, statewide and nationally required.
• Comprehension and experience with formative and summative program evaluation and management required.
• Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
• Computer proficiency with intermediate abilities using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Expert interpersonal skills.
|Deadline||April 30, 2018|
|Date Listed:||February 21, 2018|
|Organization||Port Discovery Children's Museum|
|Address||35 Market Place|
|Application Instructions||Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: http://bit.ly/2BGZ6D1|