VP of Education and Facilities
Kaleideum was formed in July 2016 as result of the merger of SciWorks and The Children's Museum of Winston-Salem. Currently, the museum operates two locations with a combined 95,000 square feet, 200,000 annual visitors and more than 2,200 members. The Museum plans to move into one building in a new location downtown in fall 2020. The VP of Education and Facilities is a member of the Senior Leadership team and is responsible for leading the education, exhibit and facilities departments to provide joyful, engaging learning experiences for Kaleideum visitors. The hands-on, interactive and interpretive nature of Kaleideum's exhibits and programs requires an engaged, flexible and highly creative individual with a collaborative management style. The VP of Education and Facilities serves as the principle lead of the museum educational experience through programs – providing oversight of the development, creation, implementation and evaluation of the museum's dynamic, high quality programs and collaborates closely with the VP of Planning in exhibit development.
• Commitment to and passion for the mission and values of Kaleideum.
• Relationship building skills, including the ability to collaborate; to lead and inspire a team; and to create strong and effective community, volunteer and donor relationships.
• Demonstrated management skills with the ability to identify and develop talent; exceptional coaching and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal skills; attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and a capacity for creative vision.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
• A personal commitment to fostering a multicultural, diverse organization.
• Must be flexible, including some night and weekend work and occasional travel.
• Willingness to perform additional duties appropriate to the position, as assigned.
• Graduate degree from an accredited college/university in a relevant field
• 5+ years developing and managing educational programs and staff in a museum or education setting
• Background in hands-on arts/cultural and science museums, including interpretive programs
• Experience working in a team setting where a high degree of daily communication is required.
• Experience driving strategic growth and change, building profitable practices and strengthening organizational capacity while maintaining a strong foundation.
• Experience working independently, and in cooperation with other Museum departments.
|Deadline||April 29, 2018|
|Date Listed:||February 27, 2018|
|Address||400 W Hanes Mill Road|
|Job Listing||View Complete Job Listing|
|Salary||Hiring range $52,000-$62,000|
|Application Instructions||To see the full job description, visit http://downtown.kaleideum.org/employment-opportunities/. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Only electronic applications will be considered. Review of applications will begin March 19, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the final candidate is selected.|