Marbles Kids Museum is seeking a seasoned, playful and creative Vice President of Marketing & Communications to lead our overall marketing and communications strategy for the purpose of advancing our mission through sustained earned revenue growth and charitable support.
It’s a pivotal time to join the organization, as Marbles embarks on growing our impact through expanded facilities and programs. As a key member of the executive and senior leadership teams, the Vice President of Marketing & Communications will work closely with the CEO and Board of Directors to serve our existing audience, grow awareness and support for our museum mission and theater programming and help develop a vision for our future.
The Vice President of Marketing & Communications will report to the CEO, while directly leading the marketing, graphic design and customer support teams. The position will also work closely with the development, play experience and guest service teams. It’s an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial and results-oriented marketing professional to promote Marbles Kids Museum as a leading national institution for play-based learning and innovative movie programming.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field and 12+ years professional experience creating and implementing successful integrated marketing plans required.
• Proven track record as a leader, coach, mentor and manager. Demonstrated ability to motivate teams, build consensus, and inspire confidence and respect.
• Success in conducting various forms of market research and analyzing and applying data to inform strategy and decision making.
• History of exceptional creative and strategic thinking, with a track record of resourcefulness and calculated risk taking.
• Engaging communicator and presenter, with proven ability to communicate confidently and effectively with coworkers, community leaders, customers and other key stakeholders.
• Successful project manager, with proven ability to create and manage multiple budgets, plans and projects simultaneously.
• Familiarity and experience working with local cultural, business and media outlets is preferred.
• Practiced in the strategic and tactical use of traditional and new media. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
• Lead the planning, implementation and management of the museum’s short- and long-term strategic marketing and communications efforts in pursuit of organizational goals, including sustained growth in museum and theater attendance and memberships, sustained participation in programs and events and continued expansion of charitable support for our mission.
• Lead collaboration across all teams to ensure consistent voice, messaging and identity throughout the organization and across all communications platforms.
• Develop and monitor the use of organizational resources, budget and talent, across all marketing and communications functions, including creative content, public relations, media, advertising, market research, graphic design, promotions and digital communications.
• Direct effective communications and advocacy strategies to build public and media awareness for the brand and the institution, serving as a primary external communicator, maintaining positive working relationships with media and playing a key role in shaping communications strategies for future growth and expansion opportunities.
• Oversee the development and production of all print and electronic communications including marketing collateral, websites and social media for all departments by creatively integrating new and traditional media platforms and techniques.
• Lead strategic marketing and programming decisions to improve the revenue performance of our IMAX Theatre, including audience expansion and higher occupancy rates.
• Leverage partnerships with regional, statewide and national museum, cultural, tourism and marketing colleagues to promote the organization and position it for support and recognition.
• Conduct market research and oversee the effectiveness and tracking of marketing efforts, emphasizing data analysis and strategic review.
• Provide internal marketing and communications support for talent development and organizational culture initiatives.
• Lead and mentor marketing and communications team members, establishing goals and continuously evaluating progress and professional development.
• Serve as staff liaison to the Communications Committee of the Board of Directors and report regularly at board meetings.